Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kerana Pizza



I baked pizza 2 nights ago. Kids and Abah love it. So, I try as much as I can to make it at least once in 2 weeks or weekly, if I feel extra rajin. When pizza is done, the first person to appear in the kitchen to appreciate it was normally Muhammad Alif Safwan (going to be 5 soon). He wanted to eat the pizza right away.
I told him "wait, pizza is hot".
Then he said, "aa....I want to eat it, now, right now!"
Me: "Careful, this is hot. Let's go in front. When its cooled down, you can eat it".

After that, I went straight to the living room, didn't check if he followed me or not. I heard him in the living room later on playing with Ahmad, the next thing I know he started crying. At first, we thought it was a fight with Abang Ahmad. He wouldn't show or tell us what's wrong, just keep on crying.
Abah: "Alif langgar meja?"
Alif: "Tak...saakit"
He curled up and hide his arm. After much coaxing, we manage to see his arm - it looks a bit red with some pinch mark in the middle. Didn't occur to us that it was a burn mark. We thought it was a scratch or something. To coax him to quiet down, I then gave him a piece of pizza. Quiet for a short while, then he continues crying. Then, I guess something was wrong. He wouldn't be crying continously if its just a pinch. I started to put two and two together, holding him on my lap, I ask
" Alif kena pizza?"
Alif: "hu hu...ha!"
Me: "Alif pegang bekas dia ke?"
Alif: continue crying, cannot talk.
Quickly I rushed him to the sink to cool it down. Luckily it hasn't really blistered yet. Azlin make some ice water and bring him to the guest room and coax him to allow us to soak his hand inside the ice water container to numb/cool the pain. After sometime, it worked and he started to laugh and talk again. This ice bath really work to numb the pain but it didn't last long. We tried tooth paste, didn't work. In the end, I had to run the ice water on his hand until he fall asleep that night.

The next day, he woke up smiling and said it didn't hurt anymore.."dah hitam!". There look like scratch thing becomes a long black line and didn't hurt anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment